Last date for submitting the printout of the on-line application : 22.06.2013 (upto 5.00 PM)
The candidates should apply online either through RGUKT Website or APOnline services.
- The 'online' application and other details are available at the website admissions2013.rgukt.in. The candidates are advised to read the guidelines given on each item in the application form while filling it.
- The registration fee for online submission of the application is Rs. 150/- (Rs.100/- for SC/ST candidates) can be paid through
- A crossed Demand Draft (DD ) from any Public Sector Bank/Nationalised Bank/SBI and Associate Banks, drawn in favour of RGUKT SBH A/C No. 62282402377 payable at Hyderabad. (or)
- Through the SBH Bank Challan (To be generated and printed as per guidelines kept in RGUKT website) through SBH branches only) (Journal number given by the bank to be furnished in Online Application Form) (or)
- Through 'State Bank Collect' option of SBH Internet banking website www.onlinesbh.co (e-Receipt reference number generated, to be furnished in Online Application Form) (or)
- Through NEFT/Online remittance to SBH, RR District Collectorate Branch, Lakdikapool, Hyderabad toA/c No. 62282412273 IFSC No. SBHY0021044 from any Bank having Online/Core Banking facility. UTR(Unique Transaction Reference) number generated to be obtained from the bank and furnished in Online Application Form.
- When a candidate clicks on Application for Andhra Pradesh Students a window will appear asking for details of school board, hall-ticket and date of birth. Fill the information correctly and click on 'submit'. Then, some details of the candidate, drawn from the database of the respective 'School Board', will appear on the screen. If the details are correct, click on 'YES' and proceed further to fill-in the application.
- In case, any of the details is incorrect, click 'NO'. Then, a pull-down window with different fields will appear. Click each one of them as 'correct' or 'incorrect', and then continue.
Note: The candidates shall submit the documentary proof for the correct version while sending 'printout of the application' (after the online submission of application) to the RGUKT.
- You will get 'Guidelines to fill' for every item on the right side of the screen. Please take their help in filling the online application.
- Fill all the items in the application correctly (including the DD number/ SBH challan Journal No./ SBH 'State Bank Collect' (i-collect) e-receipt reference No. / UTR reference number) and click on 'submit'.
- Immediately after submitting the application online, take a printout, sign it and send it along with the original Demand Draft / SBH Challan / SBH i-collect e-receipt and copies of certificates (listed below) to the Registrar, Rajiv Gandhi University of Knowledge Technologies, Vindya C-4, IIIT Campus, Gachibowli, Hyderabad-500032, by Speed Post / Registered Post immediately so as to reach the hard copy of application before 22.06.2013.
- The applicants can send their online applications by availing the services of any "APOnline Centre" by paying Rs. 150/-, (in cash) for Other Castes (OC) and Other Backward Classes (OBC) and Rs.100/- (in cash) for SC /ST Candidates plus a service charge of Rs. 15/- at the APOnline Centre. The centre will issue a receipt for the same.
- The applicant shall submit a print copy of the filled-in application, duly signed, along with copies of receipt issued by APOnline centre and certificates, to the Registrar, Rajiv Gandhi University of Knowledge Technologies, Vindhya C-4, IIIT Campus, Gachibowli, Hyderabad-500032, by Speed Post / Registered Post immediately so as to reach the application before 22.06.2013.
- Applications received after 5 PM on 22.06.2013 will not be considered for admission and RGUKT is not responsible for postal delays.
RGUKT reserves right to disqualify the submission of Application for which printout is not received with enclosures in stipulated period.
List of Certificates to be enclosed:Copies of the following certificates / documents should be sent along with the filled-in application form submitted through online:
- A crossed demand draft for Rs 150/- for Other Castes (OC) and Other Backward Classes (OBC) and Rs.100/- for SC/ST candidates in favour of RGUKT SBH A/c No.62282402377 (issued by any Public Sector Bank/Nationalised Bank/SBI and Associate Bank) (or) SBH Bank Challan (or) SBH Internet Banking (State Bank Collect) e-Receipt (or) the receipt issued by the APOnline services
- Hall Ticket of X standard
- Study Certificates from Fourth class to Tenth class/ Residence certificate by those claiming Local category (in any of AU/OU/SVU areas), (for details, see Annexure - III)
- Residence certificate / service certificate of parents by those claiming Non-Local category (for details, see Annexure - IV)
- GPA of 10th class Public Examination, i.e., SSC/CBSE/ICSE/NIOS.
- Proof of caste / community certificate (SC/ST/BC) in the prescribed proforma by those claiming reservation under any of these categories, (for details, see Annexure - V)
- Physically Handicapped (PH) certificate in the prescribed proforma by those claiming reservation under this category, (for details, see Annexure - VI)
- Children of Armed Forces (CAP) certificate in the prescribed proforma by those claiming reservation under this category, (for details, see Annexure - VII)
- NCC certificate by those claiming reservation under this category, (for details, see Annexure - VIII)
- Sports certificate(s) at the level of inter-district and above by those claiming reservation under this category, (for details, see Annexure - VIII)
Admissions will be based on Grade Point Average (GPA) and Grade obtained in each subject by the applicants of 2013. A deprivation score of 0.4 prescribed by the Government for the year 2013-14 under Statute 13 (3), shall be added to the 10th class GPA of applicants from non-residential Government Schools including the Zillaparishad and Municipal Schools, with an objective of providing weightage to the socio economically weak students for admission in the academic year 2013-14.
The allotment of seats will be in accordance with the Provisions of AP Educational Institutions (Regulation of Admissions) Order, 1974 (G.O. No.646, dated 10.7.1979, and herein called the Presidential Order, 1974, see Annexure - I), as per the judgment of the Hon'ble High Court of AP in WP 16657 of 2010, and pending the SLP in the Supreme Court of India.1. Eligibility:
- Candidates should have passed SSC (10th class) or any other equivalent examination, recognized by the Government of A.P, conducted in 2013.
- Candidates should not have completed 18 years of age as on 31.12.2013, (21 years in case of students belonging to SC and ST categories)
- Candidate should have applied for admission in the prescribed form, and sent the print copy of the online application submitted along with all the certificates to the Registrar, RGUKT, before22.06.2013.
- International students shall be of Indian Nationality / Persons of Indian Origin (PIO)/ Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) Card Holders.
- Admission to 85% of the total available seats shall be reserved for the 'local candidates' and the remaining 15% of the seats shall be un-reserved as specified in the Presidential Order, 1974 (see Annexure-1).
- As RGUKT is a state-wide institution, the seats reserved for the local candidates (85% of the total available) will be distributed among the three regions of the State namely, Andhra University, Osmania University and Sri Venkateswara University areas in the ratio of 42:36:22, respectively.
- The rules of reservation are followed for both local and open categories. The reservations are applicable at the region level in respect of local candidates.
- Reservations of seats for various categories are as follows subject to any changes and amendments made by the Government of Andhra Pradesh.
- SC - 15%, ST - 6%, BC-A - 7%, BC-B - 10%, BC-C - 1%, BC-D - 7%, BC-E - 4% for both 'local' and 'unreserved' categories.
- Physically Handicapped (PH) - 3%, Children of Armed Personnel (CAP) - 2%, NCC - 1% and Sports - 0.5%. (These reservations are applicable at regional level except for CAP which is done at state-level).
- Certificates issued by the respective District Board alone are acceptable. Model proformas are given for all the above categories in Annexures. Since the courses offered are technical in nature and require appropriate physical fitness, RGUKT reserves the right of rejecting the application of such candidates who are not fit to pursue the course.
- A (horizontal) reservation of 33 1/3 % of seats in favor of women candidates in each category (OC/SC/ST/BC/Special Categories) shall be ensured, wherever women candidates are available.
- In case of PH and CAP categories, certificates issued by the respective District Board alone are acceptable. Model proformas are given for all the above categories in Annexures.
- Since the courses offered are technical in nature and require appropriate physical fitness, RGUKT reserves the right of rejecting the application of such candidates who are not fit to pursue the course.
- Admissions will be based on Grade Point Average (GPA) and Grade obtained in each subject by the applicants of 2013. A deprivation score of 0.4 prescribed by the Government for the year 2013-14 under Statute 13 (3), shall be added to the 10th class GPA of applicants from non-residential Government Schools including the Zillaparishad and Municipal Schools, with an objective of providing weightage to the socio economically weak students for admission in the academic year 2013-14.
- In case of a tie, the candidate who got a higher grade in the following order of subjects (i) Mathematics (ii) General Science (iii) English (iv) Social Studies (v) 1st Language (vi) Oldest candidate as per the Date of Birth and (vii) the lowest random number obtained from the hall ticket number, will be considered. That is, if the tie is resolved with any of the check in the chronological order mentioned above, the next option(s) need not be checked.
Click here for the procedure of resolving by random number
- The list of candidates selected for counselling will be displayed on the university website www.rgukt.in.
- The candidates will also be informed by post, e-mail and SMS message, wherever possible, to the address written in the application form.
- The candidates selected for counselling shall report in person at the RGUKT Campus allotted (Basar/Nuzvid/RKValley) for verification of original certificates / documents and the details provided in the application form.
- Counselling and selection for admission in respect of candidates belonging to the Special Categories like Physically Handicapped (PH), Children of Army Personnel (CAP), NCC and Sports will be conducted at RGUKT campus, at Hyderabad.
- Admission to the first year of 6-year integrated engineering course in the university will be granted only after satisfactory verification and scrutiny of the details mentioned in the application and the original certificates / documents submitted by the candidate at the counselling centre. Mere selection for counselling and verification of certificates / documents will not guarantee admission to the candidate.
- The allotment of the admitted candidates to the three constituent centres of the university will be on the basis of merit-cum-preference, the decision of the University shall be final in the matters of allotment.
- The candidate shall pay the fee prescribed for the first year of the 6-year integrated engineering course at the time of admission.
- In order to promote diversity, up to 5% of seats will be added to the existing seats (supernumerary) and will be open to students attending schools in other states, and to Children of Indian Workers in Gulf Countries. Admission will be on the basis of their marks in 10th standard examination. Such candidates who got a minimum of 70% are eligible. The annual fee for students from other states and Children of Indian Workers in Gulf Countries is Rs.1,36,000/-
- Applicants from the States other than Andhra Pradesh and Children of Indian Workers in Gulf Countries shall apply through RGUKT Website only.
- The application fees for out state candidate for the year 2013 is Rs150/-(Rs. 100/- for SC/ST candidates).
- The application fees for Children of Indian Workers in Gulf Countries for the year 2013 is US $ : 25.00.
Intimation to Selected Candidates
Important Dates to be Noted:
- Last date for receiving online application by RGUKT : 17.06.2013 (from 5.00 PM)
- Last date for submitting the printout of the on-line application : 22.06.2013 (upto 5.00 PM)
- Display of Selection List for Counselling : 08.07.2013
- Counselling dates at RGUKT IIITs : 24.07.2013 & 25.07.2013
- Counselling dates for Special Categories* : 19.07.2013 & 20.07.2013
- Commencement of classes for 2013 batch (Orientation) : 29.07.2013
Helpline Numbers & e-mail:
- BSNL - 1100
- Toll-Free No - 18004251110
- Prof. B. Narayana - 08752 243344
- Mr. G. R. K. Reddy - 08588 283641
- Mr. B. Chenna Reddy - 08656 235132
- e-mail: email@example.com
- Annexure-I: Rules of Reservation for Admission
- Annexure-II: Study Certificate in support of LOCAL Status
- Annexure-III: Residence Certificate in support of LOCAL Status
- Annexure-IV: Certificates in support of NON-LOCAL Status
- Annexure-V: Community, Nativity and Date of Birth Certificate
- Annexure-VI: Medical Certificate in respect of PHYSICALLY HANDICAPED Candidates
- Annexure-VII: For Candidate Claiming Reservation Under CAP Categroy
- Annexure-VIII: Priorities for NCC and Sports and Games